Until the purchase price of the products and all other sums due by the Customer to Fonte® upon any account whatsoever have been paid or satisfied in full:
- Fonte® may at any time recover the products if they are in the Customer’s possession and re-sell the products if any payment owed by the Customer on any account is overdue;
- for recovering the products, Fonte® its servants or agents may enter upon the Customer’s or other premises upon which the products are located;
- the Customer shall possess all products on a fiduciary basis only; and
- the Customer has the right to dispose of the products during its business for the account of Fonte® and to pass good title to the products to its customer being a bona fide purchaser for value without notice of Fonte® ’s rights. If the products are on-sold prior to Fonte® being paid in full then the sale proceeds are to be held in trust by the Customer for Fonte® .
(a) Fonte® will supply the Products to you in accordance with these Terms.
(b) You can order Products from us at any time on the Site. Your order will constitute an offer to buy the Products and Fonte® will confirm acceptance to you by sending you an email confirming that the Product has been successfully ordered (Confirmation). Any contract between you and Fonte® will be formed when Fonte® sends you the Confirmation.
(c) While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of prices, images and information displayed on this site, Fonte® is not responsible for any error and reserves the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including without limitation, the unavailability of any product, an error in the price, image or the product description posted on this Site, or an error in your order. We may require additional verification or information before accepting any order.
(d) Fonte® is not bound to fulfil any order until the order is accepted into Fonte® ’s computer system. Fonte® reserves the right to accept any order in whole or in part.
(e) No order may be cancelled after it has been accepted into Fonte® ’s computer system.
Fonte® hereby limits the amount of its liability in the case where the products or services are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use, at Fonte® ’s option, to:
(a) In the case of products, any one or more of the following:
- The replacement of the products or the supply of equivalent products;
- The repair of the products;
- The payment of the cost of replacing the products or of acquiring equivalent products;
- The payment of the cost of having the products repaired; or
(b) In the case of services:
- The supplying of the services again; or
- The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Subject to the above, under no circumstances will Fonte® be liable for any loss or damage to persons or property of any nature thus, direct or indirect, of any defect, deficiency or discrepancy in products or services sold or supplied by Fonte® . It is the Customer’s sole responsibility to ensure that the products or services supplied are sufficient and suitable for the purposes of the Customer.
The Customer waives any claims, demands, causes of action or recoveries for punitive, exemplary, indirect or consequential damages arising under this Agreement, or otherwise with respect to the sale of goods or services, and completely indemnifies Fonte® , without limitation, for any lost revenues or profits, consequential or incidental damages, injury to persons or property, business interruption or damage to business reputation, including any tort or statutory causes of action, in relation to the supply to it by Fonte® of any goods and services, including any liquor related products, which Fonte® may supply to the customer.
(a) For each order, Fonte® will invoice you.
(b) You must pay each invoice within 30 days (Applicable for credit customers) of the end of the month in which the invoice was issued.
(c) Subject to alternative payment arrangements:
- Payment by approved customers is to be made within 30 days of the end of the calendar month of purchase. Customers on the monthly billing program must pay within 30 days of the end of the calendar month of purchase in full.
- Interest at the rate of 1.5% per calendar month (or part thereof) will be charged on all overdue amounts.
- Credit card payments may incur a fee.
(d) Recovery of legal costs and collection expenses by Fonte®
- In the event of non-payment of Fonte® ’s Tax Invoice, Fonte® reserves the right to commence collection action and stop delivery of goods and/or services.
- Legal action will include recovery of the whole debt including any and all legal costs and disbursements incurred by Fonte® on a solicitor/client basis, and any collection expenses incurred.
- The Customer shall indemnify Fonte® in respect of, and must pay to Fonte® on demand, any costs and expenses incurred by Fonte® in enforcing any Charge, Guarantee, Mortgage, or Other Security, given by the Customer to Fonte® , INCLUDING AND NOT LIMITED TO collection costs and expenses, and legal costs incurred as a result of non — payment of Fonte® ’s tax invoices, court or tribunal issue fees, solicitor costs and expenses on a solicitor/client basis, witness expenses in relation to any defended action, barrister’s fees, expert witness fees if required, adjudicator’s expenses, and the like. The Customer agrees and acknowledges that such COLLECTION EXPENSES do not constitute a penalty but Fonte® ’s genuine and anticipated expenses incurred if legal and/or collection action is commenced
- The Customer shall also indemnify Fonte® in respect of, and must pay to Fonte® on demand, any taxes or stamp duties or other fees which may became due and payable in respect of any Charge, Guarantee, Mortgage, or other security given by the Customer to Fonte® .
If you notify Fonte® that you dispute the validity of any invoice:
(a) You must notify Fonte® within 7 days of the date of the invoice;
(b) You must pay the undisputed amount in the invoice; and
(c) The parties must continue to perform their other obligations under these Terms.
- We deliver products using a combination of dedicated Fonte® drivers and 3rd party transport companies, depending on your location. Delivery costs may be influenced by the size and weight of the product(s) and your location. Delivery costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout. Orders are generally dispatched within 1 business day. Delivery times are estimated at between 1 and 3 business days depending on your location.
- Fonte® is not liable for any delay in delivery of products or services ordered or any unavail¬ability of products or services ordered.
- Fonte® reserves the right to charge for delivery of products
Special Buy Ins are products sourced specifically or made specifically for the Customer. These products are not returnable once ordered. The Customer warrants that any logos, photo¬graphs or other material provided by the Customer about Specific Buy Ins do not infringe any rights of third parties and the Customer agrees to indemnify Fonte® from any claims, liability or expense relating to any breach of this warranty.
No other discount is valid with these offers. These products are not returnable once ordered. Back orders are not possible on clearance products.
For all Furniture, Print and Promotional Items, the Customer may be required to pay to Fonte® a Deposit/ Advance Payment, as specified by Fonte® to the Customer, and prior to Fonte® processing the Order(s).
Any Deposit paid by the Customer to Fonte® is non-refundable. The balance of the agreed price is to be paid by the Customer to Fonte® as directed by Fonte® , either prior to delivery and installation of the goods, or otherwise in accordance with Fonte® ’s normal terms of payment.
Furniture Returns Policy
Furniture as a category is generally non-returnable.
- Any requests for return for change of mind by the customer.
- Where the goods have been used for a purpose for which they are not intended.
- Where, due to neglect they have been become unfit for purpose or damaged.
The following exceptions apply:
- Products can be returned if they are faulty or damaged at time of delivery.
- Products can be returned if not fit for their intended purpose.
- Products can be returned if they are not of acceptable quality.
- Products can be returned due to a major failure.
Conditions to policy
- 1.1 Where a product has been deemed faulty by the customer or representative of Fonte® Furniture, Fonte® may elect to return the product to the manufacturer or manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem prior to any acceptance of return or credit.
- 1.2 Any claims for return or credit of damaged goods must be sought by the customer within 14 working days of delivery of those goods.
- 1.3 Fonte® may choose to repair goods based on manufacturers policy or be sent to authorised repair agents advised by the manufacturer.
- 1.4 A return authority must be sought and accepted by Fonte® Furniture prior to return of any goods.
- 1.5 Our goods come with warranties that cannot be excluded under the Sri Lanka Consumer Law.
Where Fonte® has purchased stock on behalf of the Customer for purchase by the Customer over time and the Customer does not comply with the agreed timeframe(s) for purchase (or 30-day notice from Fonte® in the absence of an agreed timeframe) then at Fonte® ’s option any one or more of the following may apply:
- Fonte® is entitled to charge a storage fee for such stock;
- Fonte® may invoice the Customer for the whole (or any part) of the stock; and
- Fonte® may arrange for the stock to be destroyed or otherwise disposed of (or used) if the Customer fails to pay for and collect or take delivery of the stock, and all costs so incurred shall be a debt due to Fonte® by the Customer.
- Damaged or defective products delivered after their use by” or best before date” or which are not otherwise in accordance with the Customer’s order may be returned to Fonte® within 14 days of delivery at no cost to the Customer. A return authority is required prior to return.
- The Customer may obtain a credit (but not a refund) for any product excluding Special Buy Ins if the product is returned within 14 days of delivery in a saleable condition and in its original packaging.
- Subject to the above all products and services shall be deemed to have been accepted by the Customer as being in accordance with order unless notification to the contrary is received in writing by Fonte® within 14 days of delivery. If the Customer wishes to return products after fourteen (14) days following delivery, then this will be at the discretion of Fonte® and if Fonte® agrees to provide a credit, a re-stocking fee will be deducted from the credit.
Any orders placed with Fonte® are based on these terms and conditions unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by Fonte® . In the event of any inconsistency between any terms and conditions in the Customer’s order and these terms and conditions, Fonte® will be deemed, by delivering the product to the customer or supplying services to the Customer, to have made an offer to the Customer, to sell the products or to supply the services pursuant to these terms and conditions, which offer will be deemed to have been accepted if the Customer retains the products or accepts the services.
(a) Fonte® has the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time at its absolute discretion by posting revised terms.
(b) Any revisions will be effective immediately. By continuing to use the Site after any revision becomes effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
(c) A provision or part of a provision of these Terms that is illegal or unenforceable may be severed from these Terms and conditions and the remaining provisions or parts of the provisions of these Terms continue in force.
(a) This Site and all materials on the Site, including, but not limited to, images, illustrations, posts, audio clips, video clips (Materials) are the property of Fonte® and its affiliates and licensors.
(b) The Materials are protected from unauthorised copying and dissemination by copyrights that are owned or licensed by Fonte® and by copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. You may not reproduce, perform, create derivative works from, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way whatsoever any Materials from this Site, or any other website owned or operated by Fonte® without the prior written permission of Fonte® .
(c) No trademark (whether registered or otherwise) that is contained on this Site or otherwise used by Fonte® may be used without our prior, specific, written permission or that of the trademark owner.
(a) This site may contain information from or hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties. Such information or websites are not under the control of Fonte® and Fonte® is not responsible for the contents of any such information or website. Fonte® provides such information and hyperlinks to you as convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by Fonte® . You rely on such information or websites entirely at your own risk.
(b) You are referred to the relevant third party websites for all information regarding the third parties' products and/or services. Third parties are solely responsible to you, subject to their conditions, for all issues relating to their website including information, goods, services, prices and the delivery of any goods or services you purchase on the third party website.